The Colorado Center on Law and Policy (CCLP) has more than a decade of experience as one of Colorado’s leading advocacy organizations dedicated to promoting justice, economic security, access to health care and sound fiscal policies.
CCLP is a leader in the advocacy community. We provide policymakers, opinion leaders, nonprofit organizations and the general public with research and education about issues of import to lower-income Coloradans; we advocate in the legislature and before executive decision makers on behalf of those issues, and we litigate them when necessary.
The Colorado Center on Law and Policy advances the health, economic security and wellbeing of low-income Coloradans through research, education, advocacy and litigation.
The Colorado Center on Law and Policy (CCLP) is dedicated to promoting justice, economic security, and access to affordable health care for low-income Coloradans. To provide an effective and independent voice for poor families, CCLP:
• researches and analyzes policy options,
• advocates at the legislature and before executive agencies,
• educates and engages diverse communities,
• builds coalitions with our community partners for systemic change, and
• protects the rights of low-income Coloradans through legal and administrative action.
CCLP promotes justice and economic security for low-income Coloradans by working to:
• Improve access to public benefit programs such as Medicaid, CHP+, TANF, AND, SNAP and CCCAP,
•ddress health care costs and affordability,
• advance consumer interests on health care reform efforts,
• focus attention on wage inequality and the high cost of being poor in Colorado, and
• create career pathways that move Colorado families toward economic self-sufficiency.
remove barriers to employment for those with criminal records