SB-005: SUPPORTThe Wage Protection Act Sponsors: Sen. Ulibarri, Rep. Singer, Rep. Duran
• The Wage Protection Act ensures low-wage workers in Colorado receive the respect they deserve and the compensation they need to achieve self-sufficiency.
• Protects honest business owners and aids in the state’s economic recovery.
• Strengthens CDLE’s regulatory authority, allowing it to investigate smaller claims and claims involving violations of the minimum wage.
The Wage Protection Act strengthens Colorado’s economy, protects business owners, and ensures Colorado’s low-wage workers receive the compensation they deserve so they can move along the path to self-sufficiency. The bill would:
• remove procedural barriers to streamline the claims process for workers;
• incentive employer compliance by decreasing penalties for employers who demonstrate good faith efforts to promptly pay wages due;
• strengthen the administrative process by providing the Colorado Division of Labor and Employment with the authority to investigate smaller claims and claims involving violations of the minimum wage; and
• provide state regulators the resources necessary to enforce the law.Contact: Terry Scanlon Public Affairs Manager O: 303-957-5663 x311 C: 303-957-8137 firstname.lastname@example.org