We depend on support from individual donors to help us improve economic security and access to affordable health care for Coloradans facing poverty. We cannot do this important work without you!
CCLP is a 501c(3) nonprofit organization, and all donations are tax deductible for state and federal income tax purposes. We’ll send a letter acknowledging your donation and noting our tax-exempt status.
In 2020, CCLP was awarded the prestigious and highly coveted Four-Star ranking by Charity Navigator for the third year in a row. This means that more than 83 cents of every dollar will be spent directly on our advocacy programs this year — significantly exceeding the standards of most nonprofits. Charity Navigator performs annual evaluations of more than 1.5 million charities in the United States, and only 25 percent of them have ever achieved a Four-Star rating for three consecutive years — demonstrating that CCLP outperforms most nonprofit organizations in the country in meeting the many requirements and best practices needed to be certified as a Four-Star charity.
By donating to CCLP, you can be assured that every dollar will make an important difference to Coloradans facing poverty.
There are many other ways to give:
- Leave a legacy by including CCLP in your estate plan. This will ensure our work continues for many years to come and also reduce your tax liability.
- Mail your donation with a check made out to the “Colorado Center on Law and Policy.” Our mailing address is 789 Sherman St., Suite 300, Denver, CO 80203.
- Give through your tax refund: You can give some or all of your Colorado tax refund to help CCLP’s promote racial equity and economic security for Coloradans facing poverty. When you file your return, look for the prompt to “Donate to a Colorado Nonprofit” and use our registration number 20043001933. Visit refundwhatmatters.org for more details.
- Donate your car or truck: Put an old vehicle parked in a driveway to good use by donating it to CCLP! Vehicles don’t need to be currently running and will be sold at an auction or to salvage depending on the condition. The IRS permits you to take a charitable tax deduction on your federal income tax form equal to the amount the vehicle sells at auction unless it sells for less than $500. CCLP has partnered with Vehicles for Charity to process donated vehicles. Call Vehicles for Charity to process donated vehicles at 1-866-628-2277, or follow this link to begin the donation process online.
- Donate through AmazonSmile; Amazon will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to CCLP. Learn more here.
- CCLP is enrolled in the King Soopers/City Market Community Rewards program. That means that when you purchase goods at King Soopers or City Market groceries using your loyalty card, a portion of proceeds will benefit CCLP. You can participate in this program by visiting the links below:
- For King Soopers Stores – go to http://www.kingsoopers.com
- For City Market Stores – go to http://www.citymarket.com
Once logged into your King Soopers or City Market account, search for Colorado Center on Law and Policy either by name or II672 and then click Enroll. New users will need to create an account which requires some basic information, a valid email address and a loyalty card.
The Colorado Center on Law and Policy is committed to respecting the privacy of its donors. The types of donor information that it maintains are as follows:
- Contact information: name, address, telephone number, employer (optional) and email address.
- Giving information: giving history, information on events attended, publications received and special requests for program information.
- Information provided by the donor in the form of comments and suggestions.
The Colorado Center on Law and Policy uses donors’ information to understand their interests in its mission and to update them on CCLP’s plans and activities. It is shared with staff and board members only on a “need-to-know” basis. Donor names will be published in our annual report without any further identifying information such as address or amount donated. CCLP will not trade, share or sell our donor personal information of any sort with other organizations nor will it send electronic or paper mail to donors on behalf of another organization. Donors who do not wish to be identified in any CCLP publication may request that their donation be identified as “anonymous.”